We are seeking flexible, friendly and motivated staff to join our amazing team and fill a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster.
- Part-time positions
- Brisbane CBD with on-site parking
- Work From Home Opportunities Available
Your New Role
As a Crisis Intervention Counsellor your new role will involve being the primary point of contact for the majority of our callers on the Womensline.
- Provide information and referral
- Provide Crisis Counselling and intervention support
- Complete client risk assessments and safety planning
- Advocate for clients to access appropriate support and referral pathways
- Arrange safe accommodation for women and children
We currently have vacancies in a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster including days, afternoons and weekends, the successful applicant will be required to work 2 overnight shifts per fortnight.
Work From Home
There is the opportunity to work from home for applicants who are interested and able to meet our criteria which includes:
- Working minimum 6 shifts per fortnight
- Ability to work from the Brisbane office initially for 6 weeks
- Once training is complete ability to work from the Brisbane office one shift per month
- NBN connection
- Private home office space
Please contact us for more information about our work from home opportunities.
What you Need to Succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or consideration will be given to other appropriate qualification(s) with 2+yrs experience.
- Demonstrated ability in working with women who have experienced domestic and family violence preferably within in a crisis context
- Demonstrated understanding of feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high demand work environment, maintain composure and effective engagement with clients in crisis
- Knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of services within the domestic violence sector, including services that provide legal assistance, housing options and domestic violence support throughout Queensland
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, however with highly developed team work skills and with a flexible, friendly and positive approach
- Sound IT skills and experience working with a variety of databases
- Some flexibility with hours and number of shifts can be provided, however the ability to work a variety of shifts, including overnights is a requirement for these roles.
Why Join DVConnect?
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- Family friendly workplace with flexible working arrangements including work from home
- Above award conditions including additional leave provisions, paid parental leave and more generous long service leave provisions
- On-site parking
- Competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available.
- Opportunity for on-going professional development
- EAP and professional supervision provided
Interested? Apply online today!
To apply for this position please ensure that you:
- Review the position description
- Submit your current CV
- Submit a 1 page cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match the selection criteria
- Make sure to detail your availability in your cover letter
If you would like more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Danielle (People & Culture Officer) on 3156 2302.
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
All applications will be treated on their merits. Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.