About the role:
Bethany’s Family Violence programs prioritises working with people experiencing family violence, by aiming to lessen the risk and impact family violence poses to women and children. This position will provide a counselling response to women and adolescents who have experienced family violence using a range of therapeutic interventions. This position is part time (0.7 EFT) and fixed term until 30 June 2022.
- Conduct and liaise with Family Violence practitioners to conduct comprehensive safety and risk assessments in line with the MARAM Framework to determine the current and ongoing risks and service requirements for women and children experiencing family violence.
- Provide a counselling response to women and adolescents who have experienced family violence using a range of therapeutic interventions.
- To fully consider the needs of women and adolescents who have experienced or witnessed family violence and make appropriate therapeutic referrals.
- Work in close liaison with Family Safety Contact/ Specialist Family Violence women and children’s workers to ensure streamlined referral into counselling service.
Skills and Attributes:
- A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree counselling, social work, psychology and/or related behavioural sciences.
- A comprehensive understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the impact upon women, children and families.
- A minimum two years’ experience in the family violence field, demonstrated particularly in provision of counselling and/or therapeutic interventions for women and adolescents.
- Ability to demonstrate culturally sensitive practice in relation to family violence, inclusive of the needs of Indigenous, LGBTIQ and CALD communities.
- Capacity to facilitate therapeutic or educational support groups for women and children in relation to family violence.
- Ability to represent the organisation within this role and to liaise effectively with a range of professionals, police, courts, family violence services and other relevant providers.
What we offer:
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
For further information, and for a copy of the position description please go to www.bethany.org.au/employment.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.