- Part time - 30.4 hours per week
- Fixed term seven month contract
Introduction to the organisation:
Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behaviour
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the role of Specialist Child and Family Practitioner located in the Orange Door. This position is fixed term for a period of 7 months and will be reporting to a Child and Family Team Leader. The core purpose of this role is to provide specialist Child FIRST responses for the protection and safety of vulnerable children and families experiencing family vulnerability including family violence and to work collaboratively with Hub practitioners to ensure an integrated service response and oversight of risk.
- Screening, triage and assessment of child and family vulnerability by applying the Best Interests Framework to promote the safety, stability, wellbeing and development of children and young people.
- Work closely with other Hub practitioners as part of an integrated service delivery team.
- Use contemporary and evidence-based approaches to identify dynamic and family violence risk and child and family vulnerability.
- Provide a quality and timely intake response to Barwon Child FIRST referrals.
- Support the delivery of coordinated and integrated responses to children and families in need of support, and to perpetrators of all forms of family violence.
Skills and Attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in human services or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and expertise in the area of child and family welfare with knowledge of key legislation and sector reforms.
- Knowledge of the Best Interest’s Case practice model and CRAF/MARAM in undertaking dynamic risk assessments and decision-making for children, young people and families.
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
For more information, please visit www.bethany.org.au. A position description is attached.
To apply, submit your application addressing the selection criteria.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and identities to apply.