- Permanent role
- Part time - 20 hours per week
- Griffiths location
About the role
The Community Navigator Role works with individuals and communities to develop effective networks and linkages to support refugees and others vulnerable in migration to access assistance and information about the community in which they live so that they can establish meaningful livelihoods. These positions are locality based and support surrounding communities as appropriate.
A Working with Children Check and current Driver Licence is a mandatory requirement for this role.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of community development and/or social project management and/or community education programs
- Experience working in cross cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, especially in a context of humanitarian migration
- Experience managing and supporting volunteers in any relevant community context
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven capacity to be adaptive and resilient and to work independently in a self-directed manner, and also as a member of a team
- Strong organisation and time management skills and ability to work to tight timeframes
To find out more about this role, please refer to the position description below or contact Khadija Hassan on 0259632966.
Position Description: PD_Community Navigator (002).pdf