- Maximum Term Full Time opportunity
- Join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Opportunity to work for an Iconic NFP
Youth Off The Streets (YOTS) is looking for an effective Project Coordinator to implement and deliver the Communities Inspiring and Teaching Youth (CITY) project aiming to develop and strengthen community capacity to address and respond to community and youth issues.
You will be joining a supportive, fast paced team and working closely with the Volunteer Support Worker role attached to the project. A demonstrated ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team, with the ability to work independently and show initiative is highly regarded for this position.
The Role is responsible for the delivery and execution of the project outcomes as per funding agreement.
The main functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and scheduling project activities to achieve established project goals and objectives in line with the Philosophy and Mission Statement of Youth Off The Streets.
- Lead and implement activities, communication and administrative aspects of the project.
- Establish and manage a project steering committee through connections and communication with relevant Stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain partnerships and liaison with funding body and other stakeholders.
- Work within a community development framework and implement approaches that lead to stronger community connections and social cohesion.
- Oversee and manage volunteer recruitment and training in collaboration with the Volunteer Support Worker role to achieve expected outcomes.
- Conduct evaluations and produce reports demonstrating impact of project activities.
This is a maximum term full time position based in The Canterbury Bankstown area and reporting to the Engagement and Support Manager.
The essential criteria for this role includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Services, Behavioural Sciences, Social Work or related field, or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a community development setting.
- Experience in coordination and/or management of projects/programs.
- Program development and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience in building stakeholder/community relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community development approaches and processes.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Planning, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to priorities and use initiative.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural safety principals.
- Demonstrated high level reporting skills, record keeping, data collection and project/program evaluation.
- Understanding of child safety principles and mandatory reporting obligations.
- Understanding of Adolescent development and the youth sector.
A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers licence and unrestricted Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation founded by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.