- Adelaide-based with program delivery across South Australia
- Some virtual delivery and interstate travel required
- 6-month full time fixed term contract from late January 2021
- Salary $75 -80,000 per annum (pro-rata)
- 50% program delivery and management, 35% business and ecosystem development, and 15% advocacy/ amplification
- JobMaker-eligible candidates are welcome to apply
Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that helps youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We use design thinking and lean start-up methodologies to build the mindset, skillset and toolset of youth and their supporters.
OUR TEAM IS DIVERSE, BUT WE SHARE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- We love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact.
- We are super-passionate about working with youth. We are natural facilitators and mentors and we quickly build rapport with youth and youth supporters.
- We are experienced in design-thinking including familiarity with tools like the social lean canvas. We love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively and to communicate their ideas well. That is a source of energy and motivation for us!
- We all share in Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for educators and youth workers. We value training and building the capacity of others to deliver quality education.
- We are multi-taskers. We like facilitating youth programs one day and liaising with corporate, start up and government partners the next.
- We have logistics and administration covered. We can keep on top of reporting requirements and care about details.
- We are always thinking, “how can we make this happen”. We think outside of the box to make the most social impact.
- We are brand ambassadors for Young Change Agents – happy to represent YCA in business development opportunities and as a speaker from time-to-time.
THE KEY PARTS OF THE REGIONAL MANAGER ROLE ARE:
Program Delivery (50%)
Manage and deliver the rollout of schools and community youth programs across South Australia as required including program facilitation, teacher capacity building and continual improvement. Assist with the integration of YCA’s program into different formats to align with target groups’ and stakeholder needs, particularly with disadvantaged and disengaged youth. Deliver and manage additional YCA specialist programs such as the Youth Incubator (YINC), local regional pitch competitions and additional workshop opportunities.
Partnerships (business and eco-system development) (35%)
Develop/further develop key partnerships with relevant stakeholders including State and Local Government, local entrepreneurs, startup hubs and industry partners, community organisations, universities, schools and youth groups. In these conversations you’re ensuring our work is closely aligned with strategic plans, including YCA as an advocate for entrepreneurial learning. This will include running stakeholder workshops, taster sessions and briefings as well as business development and booking in fee for service programs. You will also identify additional options for funding initiatives in the region into the future including for our second stage incubator program, YINC.
Advocate for and amplify the voice of youth in South Australia and ensure their ideas are heard more widely than the classroom. This will involve the use of YCA tools including the website platform, social media, face-to-face mentoring and introductions.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS ROLE:
- You love all things start-up (innovation, design thinking, lean start-up, building ecosystems)
- You are confident managing relationships and persistent in developing new connections
- You can’t think of anything more exciting then supporting the next generation to solve real problems through social entrepreneurship, and have youth experience to back this up
- You are comfortable with mucking in and thinking on your feet - facilitating or training community members one day, developing curriculum the next, and meeting with partners to build the eco-system for learning in that region the next
- You are excited to travel across South Australia and inter-state as required.
- You are culturally sensitive, an expert communicator and engaging in your facilitation style. You are confident enough to facilitate in all situations and empathetic enough to change your style to suit the context (e.g. working with Indigenous youth and communities)
- You like refining programs, developing new learning content and linking learning to accreditation or pathways
- You are tech savvy and have experience with eLearning, webinars and other digital learning tools and platforms such as Zoom, Salesforce or Trello.