- Are you an identified female Midwife looking for a new opportunity?
- Do you have experience in an Aboriginal community-controlled health service?
- Is it your passion to see better health outcomes?
We are looking for you!
Rural workforce Agency are partnering with Central Australia Aboriginal Congress (Congress) to find a passionate experienced identified female Midwife to join their Alukura Women's Health Service in Alice Springs. This role is for a female identified person for cultural reasons.
Congress provide excellent health services for the social, emotional, cultural and physical wellbeing of Aboriginal people. Alukura Women's Health Service (Alukura) is an Aboriginal women-only culturally safe place caring for the health of women and babies.
Being the successful Midwife, you will be able to provide excellent care throughout women's pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal journey. You will have an allocated case load and participate in an on-call roster and be part of Alukura's multidisciplinary team to optimise maternity outcomes for clients.
- Provide best evidence based clinical and culturally safe midwifery care
- Provide a range of screening, treatment and education relating to all aspects of maternity care
- Assist with outreach services and provide maternity services at other Congress clinics as required
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Midwife
- Experience in antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal care
- Understanding of and commitment to working in an MGP continuity of care model
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of culturally safe care within Aboriginal health
- Practice experience within a comprehensive primary health care or Aboriginal community-controlled health service desirable, but not essential
- Completed PROMPT/ALSO/K2 package training within the last 12 months, highly regarded
What's In It For You?
- Total effective salary package $114,842 - $135,066 dependent on experience
- Generous salary sacrificing
- 2 weeks accommodation provided for new starters
- Vehicle available during work hours
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Relocation assistance to eligible candidates
- District and remote benefits
- Opportunity to discover and explore amazing locations