- Classification: SCHADS 2010 Level 2
- Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm (1.0 FTE)
- Reports to: CEO
Women’s Health Queensland Inc (WHQ) is a not-for-profit women’s health and well-being service. We offer trauma-informed counselling, community classes, promote gender equity in the community and offer professional education opportunities. WHQ’s service delivery is guided by an operational and strategic plan. We work with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders. We acknowledge that not everyone who may seek our services may identify as female. As an Incorporated Association, the organisation is led by a Board who works in partnership with the staff to ensure that WHQ functions as an effective and dynamic organisation.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position provides administration support for WHQ’s operational and service delivery, alongside delivering WHQ’s communications and marketing strategy. You will provide administrative support to all staff across the organisation, including welcoming people who use our service and scheduling appointments. This role is also responsible for implementing our communications strategy including designing and scheduling social media posts and event management. To apply for this job you do need to be a highly organised people person with a “can do” attitude. We are looking for someone with good interpersonal and communication skills who can work proactively and manage competing tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be accountable for working independently and in collaboration with WHQ staff to:
- Provide administrative support to all staff across WHQ.
- Greet clients and stakeholders.
- Schedule client appointments.
- Undertake financial reconciliation.
- Monitor registers for compliance.
- Assist with audits
- Ensure all programs and services are operating within the regulatory and compliance standards including but not limited to:
- Women’s Health policies and procedures
- Human Services Quality Framework
- Record required data for internal information management systems, ensuring information is concise, secure and accurate.
- Manage electronic filing systems.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives focussed on improving service delivery.
- Expand the profile and reputation of WHQ.
Media and Communications:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy
- Social media design, scheduling, monitoring and reporting.
- Event management for both internal and external meetings and events.
- Produce high quality communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Write press releases.
- Maintain WHQ’s website.
- Create resources.
- Create newsletters and communique for stakeholders.
- Identify, contact and engage with external stakeholders to actively promote WHQ’s service and reputation.
- Skilfully use the Adobe suite and Canva, alongside Microsoft Office (including excel)
- Understand and implement legal obligations regarding copyright, artistic moral rights and trademarks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated computer literacy and ability to use information systems including MS Office Suite applications.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups.
- Experience in initiating and managing productive relationships with partner organisations and other stakeholders.
- Ability to actively understand, communicate and support WHQ’s vision and strategic goals, and communicate that to stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Uphold high levels of confidentiality and integrity, liaising with others in a professional, respectful and constructive manner.
- Current Working with Children Check or preparedness to obtain.
- Commitment to the values of WHQ – including a feminist framework.
- Supportive and collaborative team member
- Honesty, integrity and accountability
- Resilience and a positive outlook
- Strong administration experience with skills or formal training in communications, marketing or graphic design.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders (internal and external), in a variety of formats.
- Skilled and organised administrator, able to manage competing priorities and produce work of a high standard.
- A problem-solving attitude, who is proactive and works well with others.
- Able to ensure a high level of confidentiality and integrity, liaising with others in a professional, respectful and constructive manner.
This Position Description provides the minimum requirements for the role. Extra duties may be required as requested by your direct line manager. You may be occasionally required to work hours outside the normal work hours at varying locations. You will be compensated for any additional costs associated with working outside normal work hours in line with the SCHADS Award and National Employment Standards and WHQ Policies and Procedures.
Please respond to the selection criteria in your application in no more than 2-3 pages.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience or a relevant qualification in communication, marketing, media, public relations, or similar
- What experience and skills do you have as an organised administrator, supporting both staff and clients?
- Give examples of your skills in developing and executing successful media / social media campaigns, including innovative communications strategies.
- Demonstrate your strong knowledge of, and experience in, the use of IT applications. Including experience with Word Press and electronic communication platforms such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, Shutterstock and Canva, alongside Microsoft including excel and Power Point.
- What is your understanding of feminism and how do you apply it in your life?
- What key communications or customer service strategy should WHQ focus on to take our organisation to the next level? And why are you the right person to lead that?
Applicants who identify as Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.