The Victorian Aboriginal Community Services Association Limited (VACSAL) is the recognised state-wide Peak Advisory body on Aboriginal Community issues. VACSAL is a community based, community controlled organisation, comprising representatives from Koorie organisations across the State. As well as having an advisory role VACSAL also delivers and manages a range of critical community services across Victoria.
VACSAL are currently seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual with a genuine love for working with Aboriginal people to join VACSAL as the Aboriginal Justice Caucus Executive Officer/Team Leader.
This position is a role you will work within and across the Aboriginal Justice Agreement arena.
EXECUTIVE OFFICER DUTIES
- Provide the Caucus with executive level support in preparation for all meetings, engagements, and initiatives
- Coordinate Caucus members attendance, preparation and administrative requirements to participate on the AJF
- Provide the Caucus with high level strategic policy advice on Aboriginal justice matters and relevant government policy reform
- Provide executive support to the Caucus Co-chairs to track progress on actions arising from the AJF, Caucus meetings, priority initiatives and emerging issues across Victoria
- Support the Caucus to develop strategic stakeholder networks, through identifying and facilitating ongoing engagement opportunities with government and other stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the Caucus stakeholder engagement plan and communication plan in partnership with the Caucus Co-chairs
- Provide executive support and high-level advice to Caucus members in managing public relations activities, and oversee the development and dissemination of media releases and formal communications
- Coordinate secretariat support for all Caucus meetings including agenda and information paper preparation, minutes, and actions in accordance with required timelines
- Act as the primary liaison between the Koori Justice Unit, AJF Secretariat and the Caucus and work in partnership to ensure Caucus input into AJF business
- Support VACSAL to acquit output requirements as detailed in the Caucus Secretariat funding agreement with the Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS)
TEAM LEADER DUTIES
- Manage the day to day operations of the Caucus Secretariat Team including policy development, stakeholder and event management, secretariat functions and administration
- Oversee implementation of the Caucus Secretariat Team annual workplan, and workplan for each secretariat role, in consultation with the Deputy CEO
- Identify and develop capability building and professional development opportunities for the Caucus Secretariat Team members
- Support the Deputy CEO to manage Caucus Secretariat Team members performance
- Support Caucus Secretariat Team members to engage with community activities such as VACSAL NAIDOC events and network/partnership meetings
- Develop and disseminate program reporting and data collection that capture secretariat activities and Caucus initiatives to inform Caucus and assist in acquittal of the Caucus Secretariat funding agreement with DJCS
A current Victorian Driver’s License and a current Working with Children Check is required. Please note that a current National Police check is compulsory prior to employment with VACSAL.
The position will be based in the Northcote, statewide travel is a requirement. A vehicle is available for work related travel.
A position description is attached.