- Fixed term contract
- $63,300 - $72,835
The Case Worker will work within a multidisciplinary team consisting of VACCA staff, Jesuit Social Services staff, outreach teachers, school liaison officers, health care professionals, and therapists supporting young people who are struggling to engage in an education program. This role will be co-located with the Jesuit Social Services Navigator team currently based in Brunswick; as part of the partnership agreement. The Case Worker provides assessment, educational planning and ongoing support and will:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to effectively engage and refer disengaged students
- Develop Individual learning and re-engagement plans
- Provide relevant data and reports regarding student disengagement and intervention outcomes in the local area
- Creating and strengthening partnerships with local agencies to obtain optimum outcomes
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, and proven capacity to consult, negotiate and develop networks with a range of stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Demonstrated experience working within a team to successfully attain project and company objectives
- Experience in undertaking community development and/or training activities in the not-for-profit and/or education sector
- Demonstrated task and time management skills with the ability to organise multiple activities, meet deadlines and function independently
- You will hold a tertiary qualification in Community Services, Education, Social Work or similar
- Experience within a school setting and/or with case management would be viewed as desirable
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please email email@example.com.
For a copy of the position description please visit https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/.