We are seeking applications to fill a Co-ordinator position. The position is part of the national public sector senior leadership team and has responsibility for co-ordinating the organising program for the health and education sectors of the Public Sector in Queensland.
The position is full-time and is based in Queensland.
About United Workers’ Union
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union.
- Develop and direct the strategic campaigns and organising plans that align with the union’s objects and broader goals
- Implement and promote practices, policies, strategies and systems that contribute to the unions goals including diversity, inclusive workplaces and take steps to address barriers to participation or to address discrimination
- Build, lead and manage the work of multiple teams, and also coordinate the delivery of plans with the involvement of other union portfolios
- Assess and support the development of Lead Organisers (or equivalent)
- Use Organising (or equivalent) systems and tools to retrieve and analyse data, and provide advice on risks and to report against target outcomes, and take steps to mitigate risks or improve outcomes
- Drive reform in the national union through the portfolio
- Translate and contribute to best practice outcomes to increase knowledge across the whole union, in organising and campaigning
- Lead bargaining
- Lead whole of government and Departmental negotiations, including with multiple unions
Key Selection Criteria
The Co-ordinator demonstrates:
- A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieve the goals of the Union
- Extensive relevant experience in union organising and campaigning
- Experience in organising strategy development, planning and reporting
- Experience in using reporting systems to analyse data and create reports to provide advice on strategic plans
- Experience in leading teams
- Leadership development, including motivating and educating others
- Excellent communication, messaging and rapport building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in working with Government would be desirable
To perform this job you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence
- Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience
- A motor vehicle or motor vehicle allowance
- 16% superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading