- Full time permanent
- Leading not for profit
- Queensland location
START YOUR CAREER WITH THE SALVATION ARMY TODAY!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal with strong leadership within the school community to join The Salvation Army (TSA) on a full-time permanent basis in this newly created role.
The Principal will report into the Youth State Manager of Queensland and is responsible in:
- Creating and promoting a school vision that aligns with a shared direction and purpose
- Models and fosters a commitment to the safeguarding of children and young people and promotes a culture where student protection is the responsibility of everyone
- Ensures that people, finances and resources are effectively led and managed in alignment with legislative requirements, TSA and School policy and processes
- Creates a culture that can work with ambiguity and brings innovative thinking to solve problems or meet new challenges
- Ensures highly effective, evidence-based professional practice is at the centre of the school's approach to learning and teaching.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- Current full teacher registration in QLD
- Self-Starter and solid understanding of legislation and policies that impact on schooling
- Able to influence and impact change
- Demonstrated capacity to lead a multi-disciplinary team (teachers, youth workers etc.)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to use those to influence the educational agenda for TSA schooling
- Demonstrated experience of working with disengaged youth.
In return we offer our eligible employees real and meaningful benefits such as:
- NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax-free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- Opportunity for career development
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.