- ‘NEW’ positions as part of a pilot program funded by Latrobe Health Service
- 1EFT 12 months Fixed term
- SCHADS Award Level 5
Be part of a dynamic team supporting youth in our community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is to provide specialist family violence case management support to young people who are using violence in the home.
- Support the young person to develop skills and provide educational tools and strategies to manage personal relationships and resolve conflict in a positive way.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the young person whilst applying a trauma informed lens to their practice.
- Work collaboratively with the allocated Specialist Family Violence case manager.
- Provide a key worker advocate and support role to the young person identified as using violence in the home and work with them in the context of the whole-of-family model of practice.
- Understand and apply family violence and trauma models, approaches, theories and practice when dealing with women, men, children and young people
- Mobile phone and resources applicable to the role;
- Salary packaging/annual indexation/Employee Assistance Program/leave opportunities/flexi time/Wellbeing Program.
- Promotional opportunities within the Organisation;
- Professional development and mandatory industry training;
- Inclusive culture which embraces the diversity of its people.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience within the family violence and/or child and youth sector
- Understand the complexities associated with young people exposed to family violence
- Demonstrated understanding of engagement tools and approaches for working with vulnerable young people who have experienced the trauma of family violence
- Understand the overall impact of trauma and abuse on women, children and young people.
- Demonstrate knowledge of family violence including context, principles, philosophies, policies and legislation
- Demonstrated experience in working in crisis response within the context of case management, including the ability to remain calm, positive and task focused
- An understanding of the social and political issues impacting women, children experiencing family violence and young people using violence in the home
- Valid Victorian Driver’s Licence/Working with Children Check/Police Check
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work/Social Sciences or other relevant field
About Quantum Support Services
Established in 1987 we are Industry Leaders striving to provide services to positively improve lives within the Gippsland community. Quantum is a child safe organisation who believes the celebration of diversity makes us and the community stronger. We are committed to embracing everyone’s individual differences so that we can help create a strong workplace and community that is empowered to reach its potential.
For further information and to review the Position Description please refer to our website at www.quantum.org.au/careers.
For further information in relation to this opportunity please contact Page Williams on 5120 2000.