Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and well-being for immigrant and refugee women.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To provide organisational leadership in communications in line with the MCWH Strategic Plan and to support core advocacy campaigns and activity.
- Communications Strategy and Planning
- Communications Activity
- Stakeholder Engagement
- General Responsibilities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or a related field
- Between 2-5 years’ experience in a communications role
- Demonstrated capacity to apply strategic thinking to a NFP communications context.
- Highly developed understanding of migrant and refugee women’s health and gender equality from a feminist, intersectional perspective.
- Highly developed communication, negotiation and liaison skills, and experience communicating with organisations and individuals of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated high level writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience writing for a wide range of audiences including media, policy makers, speakers new to English, and the general community
- Strong creative and publication skills, including familiarity with formatting and design in software such as Canva, Photoshop, and inDesign.
- Familiarity with a range of software, online platforms and social media apps (google docs, Microsoft suite, wordpress, CRMs, Eventbrite/humanitix)
- Demonstrated experience successfully promoting programs and events.
- Fluency in a relevant community language.
- Victorian drivers licence.
- Some weekend and other evening work may be required from time to time
- Rural or interstate travel may be required from time to time
- Hybrid working from home/office arrangement can be negotiated.
PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT
Permanent (part time) appointment, pending successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Please note that, in line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. Women from migrant and refugee background are particularly encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.