Lalor Living & Learning Centre Inc. (LLLC) has been providing quality education and social engagement activities in its local community since 1987. Located in the southern end of the City of Whittlesea, LLLC is a community based incorporated not-for-profit association. The organisation has undergone a period of business re-modelling and is ready for a new phase of growth and innovation with a focus on community development.
This welcoming, friendly and professional Centre is a Learn Local education provider and a Neighbourhood House. We provide pre-accredited adult education courses, in particular English, Literacy and introductory level Information Technology. The Centre also provides Occasional Childcare and After School Tutoring programs. Lalor Living & Learning Centre is very supportive of learners of all ages from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and has a diverse staffing profile.
Part Time position - 30 hours/per week.
The Centre is entering a period of renewal and we (the Committee of Governance) are seeking a senior experienced and energetic leader to support the Centre’s vision to refresh the business model and develop new opportunities to ensure the Centre’s ongoing sustainability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Corporate & Business Planning: including annual business planning, financial management and identification of funding sources
- Outreach & Engagement: including establishing and building relationships with community and government stakeholders
- Contract Management: including management of organisation licenses, registrations and regulatory compliance
- Operations: including oversight of program delivery and facility agreement, business administration and policy/procedure development and compliance
- Human Resources: including management of staff and volunteers.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Significant experience in management (preferably in Adult Community Education and Childcare in the community sector) with highly developed leadership, strategic planning, financial management and team building skills.
- Experience in managing an organisation through a period of change.
- Experience in development of strategic partnerships with other community organisations and stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles, practices and delivery of the adult community education and training and childcare sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the compliance requirements for adult community education and training and childcare sector.
- Coordination or delivery of high-quality community development and lifelong learning opportunities
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills and competencies.
- A tertiary qualification, in Management, Community Development or Education, is highly desirable.
A position description is attached.