The Community Development Role will provide support, activities and services aimed at delivering best outcomes for children, communities and funding bodies.
- Develop Community Connections activity and programs that engage the community, involve sector planning, sector coordination, provide education and skills development, information and referral and encourage social participation.
- Provide a Community Hub for the community to engage in programs and activities, education and skills development, information, referral and advice and take part in social participation.
- Provide Community Support through advocacy and support, education and skills development, information and referral and social participation.
- Provide Targeted Support to families and children though program and activities, inclusive of supported playgroups and parenting programs.
- Actively engage and support Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities by initiating and/ or facilitating Aboriginal activities to promote social participation and healing through the development of greater connection to Aboriginal culture, language and traditions. This could include social, cultural, recreational, art or language activities / workshops or linking up members of a community around a shared issue, memorial days, or reconciliation activities.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and supportive workplace operates for all employees, volunteers, students and Management Committee members of Karabi Community & Development Services Inc.
- A relevant tertiary Degree or Diploma qualification in Social or Community Studies, and experience in child, family and community service provision.
- Demonstrated understanding of Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Program.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake community based research, collate data for the purpose of evaluation and high level of computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in person centred, strength based, trauma informed child, family and community development practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the project management of community activities and programs, inclusive of design, implementation, budgeting, evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with a range of stakeholders, to effectively work with people from different ages/ gender groups, people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in facilitating parent education programs.
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current driver’s license and comprehensively insured car.
- Demonstrated qualifications in facilitating parent education programs.
- Experience in working with Young People.
- Understanding of CHSP – Commonwealth Home Support Program for Seniors
- Understanding of NDIS – National Disability Support Scheme
Contact: For more information, to obtain an application pack and to submit your application contact Vicki on P 02 9631 6575 or firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Child and Family Workers x2 - Community Development enquiry via EthicalJobs.