Intersex Peer Support Australia (IPSA), also known as the AIS Support Group Australia Inc., is an intersex peer support, information, and advocacy group run for and by people born with variations in sex characteristics and their families. We advocate for, and provide peer support to our members and the wider intersex community, focusing on the lived experience of having any variation of sex characteristics that physically differ from stereotypical notions of male and female. IPSA educates service providers, liaises with medical professionals, conducts policy review, and consults with government/NGOs. IPSA is a registered health promotion charity.
Executive Director Role
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Intersex Peer Support Australia (IPSA). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organisation. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, community outreach, and liaison with partnered organisations, government, and other health and social service stakeholders. The position reports directly to the IPSA committee of management (CoM). The Executive Director role is part-time at 0.4 FTE.
- Report to and work closely with the CoM to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and increasing the overall visibility of the organisation.
- Supervise, as required, and collaborate with organisational members.
- Implementation and future development, with the CoM, of the strategic action plan.
- Planning and operation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Treasurer.
- Media management in accordance with IPSA’s policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organisations, especially allies, and utilise those relationships to strategically enhance IPSA’s purpose.
- Engage in fundraising and development of other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Facilitate reports and information necessary for CoM meetings.
- Act in accordance with duties as assigned by the CoM.
- Ensure all Insurances and Tax Deductible Status are current at all times.
- A comprehensive understanding of intersex lived experiences, intersex health and well-being concerns, and medical, legal, and service delivery factors that impact the intersex community.
- Preferable 3 years’ senior non-profit management experience.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in the human rights sector, working with vulnerable populations.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience: Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Experience in the acquittal of government or philanthropic funded projects.
- Experience and skill in working with a CoM.
- Event organisation and management experience.
- Volunteer coordination experience.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- High level strategic thinking and planning: Ability to envision and convey the organisation’s strategic future to workers, CoM, volunteers and benefactors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organisation’s purpose to benefactors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with workers.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organisations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organisational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with technological competency of a high order.
- Public speaking, presentation and training skills.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
0.4 FTE (15.2 hours per week). 12 month appointment. Continuation pending sufficient funding and CoM approval. Remuneration Annual Salary $ 72,500 (pro-rata) including annual leave, sick leave and 9.5% superannuation. Remuneration will be set by the CoM for each tenure. National Police Check, Working with Children Check, interstate and international travel, after hours and weekend work will be required in this role. People born with an intersex variation are highly encouraged to apply.