- Location: Negotiable
- Status: Part Time 0.6
- Website: www.fusion.org.au
- Term: 2 year fixed term contract
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Have you got a spirit of adventure, a heart for mission and looking for a change? Fusion Australia is a grass roots non-denominational independent faith based not for profit organisation. For over 60 years Fusion has been working to bring life and hope to people by bridging gaps in community funded programs. We have been successful in this endeavour through the development of strong local community engagement, engaged philanthropic and fundraising support, and local social enterprise activities.
As a grass roots organisation, much of Fusion Australia achievement has been driven through exceptional long-standing volunteers and missionaries, including Company Secretary and governance functions. Fusion has just close to 495 staff, including 216 paid staff, 113 full time part time volunteers, and a further 164 casual volunteers
JOB SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVES
The Position of Executive Operations Manager (National) has been created to support the office of the CEO to maintain oversight of Fusions 16 local centres manage their contractual and reporting obligations, and to support the company secretariate’s governance functions. This role has been generated to build additional resilience and expertise into the organisations governance systems and structures as the community service and volunteer landscape changes.
Fusion Australia’s nationally distributed suite of programs operate across multiple disciplines (mental health, aged care, community housing, retail, disability, and community development). Most of these reside within separate state or federal jurisdictions that require individual reporting, acquittals, and compliance obligations across multiple government portals.
State and Local Centre managers undertake most reporting actions, however the organisation requires a collaborative, harmonised national approach to business compliance that ensures business continuity, resilience, and strategic growth whilst maintaining the local grass roots sense of control and engagement.
The Executive Operations Manager (National) objectives are to:
- Support the development and achievement of Fusion Australia’s strategic plan.
- Increase funding opportunities and diversify income streams.
- Responsible for providing strategic operational and corporate direction and management.
- Ensure target performance and outcomes are met in all service level agreements.
- Ensure business and program compliance with all legislative, regulatory and Fusion Australia requirements are adhered to.
- Executive representative for the Board Risk subcommittee.
- Provide end to end support to the Fusion Australia Board and Company Secretary in undertaking the organisations governance systems and management.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Business Leadership
- Identify and coordinate agreed goals and standards in line with and to contribute towards the successful delivery of Fusion Australia’s vision, strategic and business plans.
2. Funding, regulatory, and legislative reporting
- Manage operational regulatory reporting including, ACNC, Consumer Affairs, Federal and State contractual obligations, Work Health and Safety.
3. Business Mentoring
- Provide exceptional mentoring and leadership support across the areas of business operations and reporting.
4. Governance Support
- In consultation with Chair and CEO develop an agenda that reflects the wishes of the Board and organisational priorities.
- Compile and circulate papers to directors prior to meetings or via circular resolution.
- Ensure Board minutes are taken and followed up.
- Maintain a Board calendar of meeting times and dates, venue, and work plan.
- Arrange AGM and any other extraordinary general meetings.
- Maintain company membership records.
- In consultation with the Company Secretary and CEO undertake management follow up of Fusions property and lease agreements.
5. Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Commitment to delivery of high-quality service through continuous improvement processes, appropriate risk management and ensuring safe organisation culture.
- Participate in outcomes measurement, & evaluation processes. Seek client feedback where appropriate.
- Compliance with & contribution to WHS policies, to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promptly record and report all incidents and complaints according to Fusion requirements.
6. Professional Conduct and Relationship Management
- Work within Fusion’s shared values, philosophy, Policy &Procedures, Code of Conduct, including mandatory reporting requirements.
- Work within the Fusion framework of early intervention, diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination.
- Support the induction, peer support and ongoing professional development of new workers, students and volunteers.
- Undertake the duties of other staff during periods of leave.
7. Professional and Personal Development
- Regular monthly management supervision and check in with the CEO.
A position description is attached.