- Part Time and/or Full Time Position available (requirement for some overnight shifts)
- Close to the Brisbane CBD with on-site parking
- You will be joining a family friendly, caring and committed team
We are seeking flexible, friendly and motivated staff to join our amazing team and fill a number of shifts across a 24/7 roster including overnights.
Your New Role:
As a Crisis Intervention Counsellor your new role will involve being the primary point of contact for the majority of our callers.
- Provide information and referral
- Provide Crisis Counselling and intervention support
- Advocate for clients to access appropriate support and referral pathways
- Arrange safe accommodation for women and children
This role works across both our Womensline and Sexual Assault Helpline and will be required to work a variety of shifts over a 24/7 roster including a minimum of 1 overnight shift per fortnight.
What you need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or consideration will be given to other appropriate qualification(s) with 2+yrs experience
- Demonstrated ability in working with women who have experienced domestic and family violence preferably within in a crisis context
- Demonstrated understanding of feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high demand work environment, maintain composure and effective engagement with clients in crisis
- Knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of services within the domestic violence sector, including services that provide legal assistance, housing options and domestic violence support throughout Queensland
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, however with highly developed team work skills and with a flexible, friendly and positive approach
- Sound IT skills and experience working with a variety of databases
- Some flexibility with hours and number of shifts can be provided, however the ability to work a variety of shifts including at least 1 overnight shift a fortnight is a requirement for these roles
Why join DVConnect?
- friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- family friendly workplace with flexible working arrangements
- competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available
- 3 week training and induction program and opportunity for on-going professional development
- EAP and professional supervision provided