- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young people
- Highly autonomous role
- Permanent Part time (0.8FTE) working 30.4 hours per week
- Exciting and Dynamic role!!!
Primary Purpose of the Position
The role requires a highly motivated advocate, to promote the rights of children and young people. It also requires a person with a collaborative approach to facilitate the voice of children and young people to improve the out of home care system. The role also encompasses oversight of the delivery of CREATE programs and activities.
Position context and specific job requirements
CREATE Foundation is a national organisation with offices in each state and territory. This position will contribute to and maintain the national agenda, whilst supporting, advocating for and representing the interests of children and young people with a care experience at state level.Specific job requirements include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ensure that CREATE’s Child Protection policy is upheld to protect the interests of children and young people engaged with CREATE programs and activities;
- Responsible for negotiating, implementing and monitoring adherence to state Service Agreement/s, (and any other state contract/fee for service specifications) in consultation with the delegated Manager or CEO;
- Responsible for assisting in the development of state budgets in consultation with the Finance Manager and monitoring and adhering to the state budget and financial controls;
- Contribute to the development of the organisations strategic plan, and take lead responsibility for developing and implementing the state Action Plan annually;
- Advocate effectively at state and national level for the rights and well-being of children and young people with a care experience;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders (government and non- government).
- Interpret, implement and adhere to organisational policy;
- Manage, supervise and monitor staff performance;
- Collect accurate data, record statistics and analyse monthly statistical data to ensure KPI’s are on track and risk is identified and reported;
- Provide high quality reports as required within required timeframes.
- Contribute meaningfully to national initiatives and programs.
Key Result Areas
- Adhere to contractual obligations outlined in Service Agreements, and Contracts.
- Adhere to state budget and financial controls.
- Effectively adhere to the State Action Plan goals, and achieve identified outcomes.
- Effect positive change for children and young people by informing public policy through systemic Advocacy.
- Maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Effectively manage, supervise and monitor staff.
- Interpret, implement and adhere to organisational policy and procedure.
- Provide quality reports and undertake required tasks within specified timeframes.
- Ability to work in a culturally sensitive and inclusive manner
- Contribute to a positive organisational culture, and ensure that CREATE effectively facilitates Child Safe Standards
- *Must have a current WWCC for the State
- *Must have Tertiary qualifications – Degree in Social Work, Business, Behavioural or Social Science, Psychology, Community Development or related discipline, and at least 3 years Managerial experience.
- A high level of understanding of the child protection and / or foster care system, coupled with an ability to critique new legislation and policy.
- Demonstrated skills in systems advocacy, and an in depth understanding of how to effectively advocate for children and young people who are marginalised and/or disadvantaged.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills incorporating a high level of proficiency at report writing and high level of competency in conflict resolution.
- Experience in developing, managing and adhering to budgets, as well as in negotiating funding and service agreements.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, data analysis and striving to meet and report on KPIs or targets.
- Highly developed leadership skills and ability to motivate, support and manage a multi- disciplinary team. Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage individuals to ensure that organisational goals and contractual KPI’s are met.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and culture, and an understanding of the principles and practices for engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Note: Applicants must successfully undertake relevant state police/working with Children check. A current Driver’s Licence is desirable.
A position description is attached.