Bridge Darebin is a vibrant, not-for-profit community organisation, charity based in Darebin that offers a holistic approach to community wellbeing. As a social enterprise that incorporates a Neighbourhood House, a Learn Local adult education provider, a low-waste sustainable café and Occasional Childcare Centres, inclusivity and community empowerment are at the core of our mission and values. Bridge Darebin’s education programs are learner-centred and delivered alongside services that put community needs at the forefront.
The organisation has five main pillars of activity across multiple sites: adult education, children’s services, community programs, venue hire and our socially and environmentally responsible café, Moon Rabbit.
Across these areas we've developed a series of sustainability initiatives and programs that promote an inclusive environment where everyone can participate in building a more sustainable and equitable Darebin.
We value community ownership and management and provide our services free from discrimination. Bridge Darebin strives to create a workplace culture and an environment that values staff and is equitable and inclusive.
We are seeking a dedicated and organised Community Project Coordinator to join our team. As the Community Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for implementing and overseeing community projects aimed at improving health & wellbeing outcomes, social inclusion and education for Bridge Darebin community members. You will work closely with the Community Development team to implement projects that have been informed by community needs and ensure successful project execution. This role requires strong project management skills, excellent communication abilities, and a passion for community development.
This role is 20 hours a week onsite at our centre in Preston. This part-time contract is dependent on funding and confirmed until April 2024.
- Plan, implement and evaluate community engagement and development programs and projects at Bridge Darebin in line with the strategic plan and policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, service providers, local groups and organisations ensuring they are aware of Bridge Darebin’s services and opportunities for collaboration
- Develop organisational responses to gaps identified through research, advocacy and community consultation
- Identify, apply and acquit appropriate grants/funding opportunities to provide community programs
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with the Community Education and Development team to deliver programs, events and community projects
- Ensure compliance with any legislation and audit processes that are in place for community programs
- Ensure project objectives are met by anticipating and managing potential and emerging issues.
- Collaborate with community members, networks, and stakeholders to identify community needs and develop project plans that address those needs.
Essential Skills/ Experience :
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Community Development or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven experience in coordinating and delivering community projects.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, organising, and monitoring project activities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- An understanding of contemporary Community Development principles
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with people at all levels and from all backgrounds in an informative, accurate and positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to connect with diverse community members and involve them in problem-solving issues important to them
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, organise and complete work within established deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures and to use initiative, think laterally and strategically
- Ability to work cooperatively and inclusively within the workplace culture of Bridge Darebin
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
A position description is attached.