- Baw Baw Food Hub – General Manager
- 30 hours per week
Who we are:
Baw Baw Food Hub Inc., is a not-for profit organisation that packs weekly veggie boxes and sources a wide range of fresh local and organic food for people in West Gippsland. We pack weekly fruit and veggie boxes and our Warragul warehouse and grocery store operates 5 days each week.
We provide a fair and stable marketplace for our outstanding farmers and producers, and supply healthy, unprocessed, minimally packaged food for our subscribers and community.
What you’ll be doing:
This role is central to the efficient running of the Hub. As the key full-time worker, the General Manager is responsible for coordinating weekly and daily processes and procedures, managing staff and volunteers, fostering partnerships with other organisations and looking after relationships with our valued suppliers and customers.
You will be responsible for oversight and coordination of:
- The operation of the Hub throughout the week, to ensure ongoing improvements to financial viability
- Staffing, rostering, training and support of workers and volunteers
- Timely and efficient inventory control, optimising sales and minimising waste
- Careful storage and display of fresh produce
- Day-to-day communications with suppliers and customers, face-to-face and via email
- Engagement with subscribers, members and wholesale customers
- Administration and promotion of subscription and membership schemes to maximise community engagement
- Social media, website, newsletter and external channels to promote Hub values and extend community awareness
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in a social enterprise, farming or other business
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high standards
- Experience managing a team of people
- Experience implementing processes and procedures to improve workflow
- Competence with digital tools and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to multi-task, problem-solve and prioritise for best outcomes
- A flair for visual merchandising
- Accounting skills and experience
- Practical knowledge and experience of farming and gardening, seasonality, cooking and nutrition
What we offer:
The opportunity to make a positive impact in your community. You will be working in an established food enterprise that serves an outstanding group of ecological farmers and a supportive customer base, contributing to the necessary transformation of food systems in Australia.