- Residential Aged Care - Werribee Vic, Fixed Term Contract (0.6 - 1.0 FTE)
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven organisation focused on delivering the best of care to people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances.
Baptcare has more than 3,000 dedicated staff across Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania to deliver the best of care to people in Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, In Home Care, Family and Children Services, Affordable Housing and Disability Services.
About the role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of over 30 Chaplains / Spiritual Care & Wellbeing Coordinators working in all service areas. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the staff team at our Wyndham Lodge Aged Care Community in Werribee, Victoria. The position is for a 12 month fixed term with a possible extension. Tasks include:
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the religious, pastoral and spiritual wellbeing of a person and/or family.
- The provision of support and spiritual guidance to individuals which may include establishing a relationship and practical support and/or advocacy, death, end of life and bereavement support.
- Informal ritual and worship activities for individuals or small groups, plus more formal expressions of public worship and ritual.
- Education tasks including the training and development of staff and volunteer Spiritual Care Visitors in spiritual care principles and practice.
- Strong liaison and relationship building with local churches and other and faith communities especially in the training and support of spiritual care visitors and community events.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary theological qualification and Clinical Pastoral Education (min 2 units) or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in providing pastoral/spiritual care to people in a community context.
- Experience in successfully training/managing/supervising volunteers
- Experience and skills in administrative duties including data collection and reporting on outcomes
- Experience in effective leadership within a mainstream Christian faith community and community development leadership or experience would be desirable.
- Spiritual and theological maturity, open-mindedness and an understanding of a range of religious and spiritual traditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to explain the practice and possibilities of pastoral and spiritual care to people from varied backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and other office software.
- Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded.
People enjoy working with us because we are values-driven and whole person focused organisation that cares about the community. Strong awareness of, and wholehearted commitment to Baptcare's mission, vision and values is essential. These can be accessed from the Baptcare website.
- Not for profit salary packaging available
How to apply:
Please visit our website to view the Role Statement at www.baptcare.org.au/vacancies - find and click on the role heading to download the full Position Description.
As part of your application please address the selection criteria from the Position Description and submit your application using the online 'apply now' button.
Please forward queries to:
James Lewis, Spiritual Care Supervisor - Aged Care, Email: email@example.com, using the subject line: Chaplain & Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs, Phone: 0433 275 578
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Appointment to the position is subjected to a satisfactory National Criminal History check , Working with Children Check and a current flu vaccination.