- Maximum term role until 30/06/2023
- Part time hours (34.2 hours per week)
- Fraser Coast
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people. We strongly believe that how we work is as important as what we do. We put humanity in action.
About the role
Work with Integrated Youth Services staff and clients to facilitate sustainable change with young people experiencing multiple and complex challenges as a result of involvement in the Justice System.
What you will bring
- Relevant qualifications in Social Work, Social Services, Psychology or other related field
- An understanding of contemporary issues and challenges in the field of child protection/Youth Justice and approaches to enhancing child safety and well-being
- Demonstrated experience to carry out intake, comprehensive risk and needs assessments for young people involved/at risk of being involved in the justice system
- Commitment to culturally competent practice and ongoing learning, and direct experience working effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse families and communities
- Strong mediation, facilitation and collaboration skills with multiple and diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong record keeping, administrative skills
- Proficiency in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases
- A Blue Card is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current driver’s license
- Current First aid qualification
Why work with us
Work for purpose, know that the work you do contributes to Red Cross supporting and empowering people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Sarah Kelly on 0415 813 788.
Youth Justice Specialist PD.pdf