- Join a co-located innovative team in the field of AOD
- Based in the Dandenong office
- 12 month full time limited tenure Maternity backfill position
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
The clinician will hold numerous responsibilities with regards to the Family Reunification AOD Counsellor position. The position objectives and key responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide outcome-based counselling and case management support.
- In collaboration with Child Protection work with parents on Family Reunification orders.
- Provide comprehensive assessments including mental health screens.
- Undertake case management work providing outreach support when required.
- Assist clients to work towards harm minimisation strategies.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Social or Welfare Work, including minimum AOD qualifications, including dual diagnosis competencies as well as minimum of 2 years’ experience in the AOD sector or equivalent.
- Knowledge, experience and practice in models of contemporary approaches in the alcohol and drug field.
- Highly developed communication skills (written and oral) and conflict resolution skills
- A demonstrated ability to be receptive and flexible to new ideas and the capacity to adapt to changing work demands and circumstances
- A demonstrated ability to be a good team player and co-operate and support others in the pursuit of team and management goals.
- Good computer, organisational and time management skills and the ability to be self-directed, whilst working within a team.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed Position Description PD_AOD FRC_East_FT mat_July 2018.pdf