AMPARO Advocacy Inc. is a community based non-profit community organisation based in Brisbane, that advocates for vulnerable people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds with disability.
We are seeking a person with a strong commitment to human rights and social justice principles, with community development experience, for the position of Multicultural Engagement Coordinator to implement an ILC Individual Capacity Building Project.
If you are interested in this position please apply now.
This is a temporary part-time contract position for two years, working a minimum of 25 hours per week at SACS level 6, with the option of Salary Sacrifice.
A position description is attached.
Phone 07 3354 4900 for more information.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and principles that uphold the rights and interests of people from CALD backgrounds with disability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary best practice approaches in supporting people with disability to have a good life.
- Knowledge of community development processes and a demonstrated capacity to deliver small workshops and presentations that meet the needs of people from a CALD background.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, with experience in providing information to a broad range of community and government stakeholders, including people from CALD backgrounds with disability.
- Experience in managing and supporting a team to work collaboratively to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience in managing and completing projects within a defined budget and time constraints.
- Well-developed skills and experience in using Microsoft Office 365, including expertise in creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Qualifications in Social Sciences/Human Services or equivalent.
- It is preferable that the employee hold a current C class driver’s licence.