Purpose of Intern Role
The Compliance Intern works closely with the ActionAid Australia (AAA) Program and Finance team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake, analyse and report on an annual assessment of partner compliance with AAA’s Child Protection and Counter-Terrorism Policies in collaboration with program staff.
- Ensure action plans and risk management strategies are put in place to address any compliance gaps in collaboration with program and finance staff.
- Coordinate an annual/six-monthly check of partners against the LinkMatchLite database in line with AAA’s Counter Terrorism requirements.
- Play a key role in strengthening program compliance, in consultation with the Program Manager and program staff, by supporting an annual project review which checks all partner and compliance related projects files against Program Manual standards to gauge completeness, accuracy, and appropriate filing.
- Coordinate the annual review of AAA’s Child Protection and Counter-Terrorism Policies to ensure alignment with DFAT and ACFID Code of Conduct expectations.
- Develop training materials and deliver training to staff within AAA and program partners on SHEA, child protection, counter terrorism and due diligence reporting requirements in collaboration with program and finance staff.
- ACFID Code of Conduct
- Abide by AAA’s values and Team Charter.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A time commitment of at least four months or more, ideally a year.
- General computer literacy and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- A demonstrated commitment and passion for women’s rights and adherence to the principles of feminist leadership.
- Respect for ActionAid’s independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
What We Will Provide
- Ongoing training and skill up opportunities to grow your program and compliance management skills, including feminist leadership.
- The chance to connect with ActionAid supporters and staff in Australia.
- Connection with an international movement of supporters who believe in women’s rights and social justice.