About Youth Opportunities
Youth Opportunities is a proudly South Australian not-for-profit organisation that empowers young people to overcome challenges now and in their future through personal leadership programs. Our team is rapidly growing, and we’re looking for our next team mate to join our regional team, based within reasonable distance to South Australia. To learn more about Youth Opportunities and the work we do, please visit our website: www.youthopportunities.com.au.
About the role
The Trainer of our Schools and Apprentices Program plays a direct role in the delivery of Personal Leadership Programs with high school aged students through effective coaching and training strategies. Our programs don’t finish at the completion of the 10-week term. You will also be responsible for efficient delivery of graduate engagement activities available to students for 2 years following their graduation of the program.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Efficient delivery and facilitation of Youth Opportunities programs within established guidelines of best practice
- Coordinating the delivery of programs with internal and external stakeholders
- Preparation of resources to facilitate training, information sessions and graduation
- Contributing to continual improvement of best practice, program resources and facilitation techniques
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Safety, personal leadership and culture
The person we are looking for:
- Is widely connected in the local trades industry with a solid understanding of audience needs and purpose, gained through participative experience. Trades includes areas such as electrical, building, mechanical, production line, boiler maker or experience in a teaching, training or management capacity in these environments.
- High quality training, facilitation and coaching skills
- Is empathetic and relatable to a diverse group of young people, with a sound knowledge of the challenges that young people face.
- Embodies personal leadership and a firm commitment to personal growth
- Displays a positive approach consistent with the Youth Opportunities ethos of personal leadership
It would be great if you also:
- Has undertaken tertiary qualification in the field of Social Sciences or Education
- Had highly developed skills and experience in technical support and interpretation for learning management systems, including Moodle.
- Hold a current Driver’s License (essential)
- Successful clearance of a DCSI Child Related Clearance (essential)
- Out of Hours work: this position may require occasional out-of-hours work
- Transport: at times, this position requires availability and willingness to utilise your private motor vehicle for local and regional travel, recording the km’s for reimbursement.
- The role is based in Whyalla, South Australia and may include other regional locations as required from time to time.
You will get to be part of a supportive and purpose led team who are driven to improve the lives of young people. With young people at the heart, we empower each other to grow, inspire with passion and demonstrate gratitude all in the spirit of partnership. Youth Opportunities is a registered public benevolent institution for the purposes of salary sacrifice and fringe benefits tax, which means you can salary sacrifice to increase your take-home pay.
Any enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Trainer - Schools and Apprentices Program enquiry via EthicalJobs.