Young Change Agents is a social enterprise that helps youth see problems as opportunities through the lens of social enterprise. We use design thinking and lean start-up methodologies to build the mindset, skillset and toolset of youth across Australia.
This role is:
- Sydney based
- Part-time fixed contract role for 6 months starting from July 2020
- Pay range of $55-60k plus super (pro-rata)
- Would suit someone with 1-2+ years experience (who is able to demonstrate examples of work)
OUR TEAM COMES FROM A DIVERSE RANGE OF BACKGROUNDS, BUT WE SHARE THE FOLLOWING TRAITS:
- We love social enterprise as a model for creating social impact
- We are super-passionate about working with youth
- We are experienced in design-thinking including familiarity with tools like the social lean canvas. We love nothing more than helping teams think critically and creatively and to communicate their ideas well. That is a source of energy and motivation for us!
- We all share in Young Change Agent’s mission as a champion for teachers and youth workers. We value training and building the capacity of others to deliver quality education
- We are multi-taskers
- We have logistics and administration covered. We care about details and getting things done right
- We are always thinking, “how can we make this happen”. We think outside of the box to make the most social impact
- We are brand ambassadors for Young Change Agents – happy to represent Young Change Agents in business development opportunities from time-to-time
THE KEY PARTS OF THE MARKETING EXECUTIVE ROLE ARE:
Creation and updating of new marketing assets and materials (50%)
You will be developing new marketing assets that align with our brand strategy and can work for our different stakeholders. This will include all different types of marketing materials ranging from social media banners to worksheets for students to proposal templates for high level partnership meetings. You will also be updating and developing existing assets so they are ready for the team to disseminate. You will need both graphics and copywriting skills.
Digital marketing (40%)
You will be updating our digital marketing strategy including refining our audiences, developing personas, and updating our messaging. You will then ensure this is reflected across all of our channels and platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, FB and TikTok). You will create the appropriate assets needed for different stakeholders and situations which will include videos, website pages, blogs, newsletters, and digital resource kits.
Other marketing, sales and communication tasks (10%)
You will be also asked to work on other tasks as they arise which could include working with stakeholders to prepare co-branded promotional materials, representing and promoting Young Change Agents at events, and other tasks as they arise.
KEY EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE:
- You’ve spent at least two years in digital marketing, creating and sharing marketing assets
- You have worked with different brands and visual identifies and are able to work within brand guidelines
- You have experience in editing videos and photos, developing and executing a marketing strategy, and graphic design
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THIS ROLE:
- You are detail-oriented and thrive when you get to create materials with great quality design where everything lines up and looks great
- You love all things start-up (innovation, design thinking, lean start-up, building the ecosystem)
- You are able to capture concepts, ideas and strategies in a visual way
- You understand the need to adapt and change messages and design for different audiences
- You can’t think of anything more exciting than supporting the next generation to solve real-world problems through social entrepreneurship
- You are comfortable with mucking in - whilst mostly you’ll be doing marketing and graphic design if you need to jump onto a sales call or support another part of the organisation, you’re ready and willing.
- You are an expert communicator and can understand how to work with different team members to create materials for different stakeholders. You have highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- You are tech-savvy and have experience with Canva and other graphic and video editing software
Find out more about Young Change Agents at www.youngchangeagents.com.