At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The State Office is home to YMCA Victoria support functions, being, Payroll, Business Systems, Finance, Marketing and Engagement and the People & Culture Team.
The office is situated in the vibrant Carlton North and Box Hill area, while the role is based at Ikon Park travel to the Box Hill location will some times be required for meetings.
Key Elements of the Role
The Marketing Coordinator role will:
- Work collaboratively with marketing Business Partners to support campaign and project execution based on the 12-month strategic activity calendar;
- Deliver campaigns and BAU marketing and communications activities as briefed from internal and external stakeholders, including against marketing sector plans or project specific objectives;
- Offer marketing direction to stakeholders based on incoming briefs. Clarify objective and ensure all outputs requested meet key business objectives;
- Support the development and implementation of specific marketing campaigns, activities, and sponsored events -- operating on location as required;
- Support the use and implementation of YMCA Victoria’s Digital Asset Management System (DAM);
- Monitor activity performance, reporting and management of customer data/information across campaign and BAU initiatives;
- Support or deliver creative execution across brand and marketing activities as capable;
- Provide essential development and delivery of marketing material across YMCA Victoria and Kingswim managed businesses and services;
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences
- Outstanding service orientation and ability to prioritise competing projects and client groups
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong relationship management skills with a proven ability to build partnerships with key stakeholders
- Supports a culture of continuous learning and development
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a relevant marketing, communications, advertising or digital role or relevant academic qualification
- Knowledge and experience in marketing principles across the whole marketing field
- Familiarity with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience delivering brand, fundraising, event and acquisition campaigns
- Experience in executing digital campaigns, managing social media assets/campaigns and using email marketing platforms
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Active listener
- Degree in Marketing, Communications or Commerce/Business or relevant professional experience.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- A national criminal history check
- An international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- Holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
03 9403 5168
email@example.com, using the subject line: Marketing Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.