- Opportunity to work in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Excellent salary package with attraction & retention benefits
- Discover the beautiful landscapes of West Arnhem
The Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) is partnering with Mala’la Health Service Aboriginal Corporation to find a Senior Rural/Public Health Practitioner to join their passionate and dedicated team. Mala'la health service has a vision to improve the health and well being of the people in the Maningrida community and surrounding outstations, including primary health care, aged care, renal dialysis, community wellness, and youth services.
Being successful in the role, you will be able to provide strategic clinical leadership and oversee the delivery of excellent primary health care and population health care. The position is a key member of the Mala'la Executive Management team that works together with other senior managers to plan and formulate Mala'la's Public Health policy and assists in quality reviews of Primary Health care and Population Health Programs in collaboration with other stakeholders.
What do you need to apply?
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Hold fellowship with RACGP or ACCRM
- Advance skills with a senior level of expertise and experience
- Post Graduate qualifications (Masters) in Public Health or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in working in an Aboriginal health, particularly in primary health care service delivery and management
- High level of leadership experience
- Well developed communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- A respect for Aboriginal culture and a willingness to listen, learn and participate in cross cultural awareness activities
- High level of interest and commitment to improving the health of Aboriginal people in Maningrida
- Current Working With Children (NT Ochre Card)
- Current National Police clearance
- Current drivers licence
- Current Indemnity Insurance Certificate
For more detailed information, please contact Barbara for a position description.
What's in it for you?
- Attraction allowance of $38,576 as a once off payment
- Retention allowance of $38,576 at the end of each completed year of service
- Salary of $209,780 - $234,068 plus 50% of Medicare billings for further earnings of up to $100,000
- Salary sacrifice up to grossed up cap of $30,000 as per ATO requirements
- Accommodation, vehicle and laptop provided with mobile phone costs reimbursed up to $120 per month
- Relocation and repatriation of up to $5,000 each way
- Opportunity for the GP Workforce Incentive Program (WIP). Mala'la operates in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $60K in rural locations
- Professional Indemnity costs reimbursed
- Explore a seaside location steeped in history and culture
- Enjoy unique Aboriginal art the Maningrida Arts Centre
Are you an experienced Senior Remote GP looking for a new rewarding challenge?
We want to hear from you! APPLY TODAY by clicking the “APPLY NOW” link.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Barbara for more information on 08 8982 1010.