- Do you have a passion for Indigenous health in Community?
- Are you a Senior Clinical Educator ready to take on a new career challenge?
- Can you see yourself immersed in an Aboriginal community?
Don't wait! Apply Now!
Rural Workforce Agency NT (RWA NT) are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (SHSAC) to find a Senior Clinical Educator to join their committed team of health professionals.
SHSAC is a community controlled health organisation providing comprehensive primary health care services through nine remote health centres to some 4000 people living in the Katherine East region. Health centres are located at Barunga, Manyallaluk, Wugularr, Bulman, Mataranka, Jilkminggan, Minyerri, Ngukurr and Urapunga.
As the successful Senior Clinical Educator, your primary responsibility will be to facilitate and coordinate opportunities for clinical staff to access and participate in professional development and clinical education, with the aim of maximising clinical performance.
- Ensuring training needs are identified through induction, orientation and performance appraisals
- Coordinate clinical staff development
- Developing, planning and presenting educational activities in an Aboriginal Health Care setting
- Coordinating skills audits and training for clinical staff
- Facilitating and providing clinical in-service training
- Proof of full working rights within Australia
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse, with a minimum 5 years' experience in Aboriginal primary health care
- A post graduate accredited qualification in clinical education and training or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Working knowledge of the units and competencies comprising of the Certificate IV Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Understanding and adherence to the principles of Aboriginal community control of health services
- Willingness to incorporate Aboriginal values and methods into practice
- Current Police Clearance and WWC (Ochre Card)
- Willingness to drive or travel on light aircraft and stay overnight in remote communities
- 4WD experience and experience in Communicare an advantage
For more detailed information, please contact Barbara for a Position Description.
What's In It For You?
- Attractive salary and salary packaging options
- Work with a passionate team of health professionals
- Opportunity to experience and deliver excellent health care in a remote community
- Enjoy exploring the Katherine Region's beautiful landscapes and historical sites
Want to know more about the role? Please contact Barbara on 08 8982 1010.