- Are you a VR GP looking new clinical experiences?
- Do you have skills that a remote community would benefit from?
- Have you been considering a change of pace?
Don't wait, Apply Now!
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) are partnering with Central Australian Aboriginal Congress (Congress) to find an experienced General Practitioner to join their committed team at the Ntaria/Hermannsburg clinic in Central Australia.
Congress is a Aboriginal community-controlled health organisation providing comprehensive, holistic and culturally appropriate primary health care service to Aboriginal people living in and nearby Alice Springs, including five remote communities; Amoonguna, Ntaria, Santa Teresa, Utju and Mutitjulu.
As the successful General Practitioner, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team and your new role is integral to providing clinical leadership, cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care.
- Undertake comprehensive primary health care clinical consultations in a holistic manner
- Function as a multidisciplinary team member
- Conduct all work in line with Congress values which are: Equity and Social Justice, Respect, Recognition, Resourceful, Responsibility, Relationships.
- Apply strict confidentiality practices and guidelines to all patient, client, personal and commercially sensitive information
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the RACGP or ACRRM
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in General Practice
- Excellent communication skills in a cross-cultural environment
- Willingness and ability to accommodate Aboriginal values and traditions in clinical practice
- Ability to work well under pressure and work effectively in a multidisciplinary primary health care team
- Willingness, ability and appropriate levels of health and fitness to travel to and work from remote locations
- Awareness of primary health care practices and principles, highly regarded
- Additional qualifications which may include DipRANZCOG, FARGP or MPH, desired
For more detailed information, please contact Barbara for a Position Description.
- Employment with Congress is conditional on the employee providing NT Working with Children Check (Ochre Card), Satisfactory Criminal History Check
- Employee interaction with residents within communities will be taken into account as part of the final performance assessment during the probation period
- Persons being considered for a position with Congress may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical examination and drug screen to determine fitness to perform nominated duties
What's In It For You?
- Excellent Salary
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working conditions
- Medicare incentive scheme
- NFP salary sacrifice up to $30,000 pa
- Workforce Incentive Program. Congress operates in MM6 and MM7 regions, providing access to annual additional MBS payments of up to $35K in urban and $60K in rural locations
- Access to Congress provided medical services for self and immediate family at no cost