- Are you a passionate Credentialed Diabetes Educator?
- Would you like an opportunity to showcase your experience?
- Have you dreamed of working in a Remote Aboriginal Health Service?
This is your opportunity!
Rural Workforce Agency Northern Territory (RWA NT) are partnering with Sunrise Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (Sunrise) to find a Credentialed Diabetes Educator to work in and provide excellent healthcare to their remote communities.
As the successful Credentialed Diabetes Educator, you will be part of the passionate Population Health Team and will travel regularly to Sunrise's nine remote clinics, with some overnight stays required.
- Provide high quality and individualised diabetes management and care for patients and their families suffering from, or at risk of diabetes and associated conditions
- Work collaboratively with all health centre and specialist staff to ensure appropriate planning and implementation of care for patients receiving care for their diabetes and associated conditions
- Work as a member of the Chronic Disease team and communicate effectively within the multidisciplinary team
- Unrestricted working rights within Australia
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Credentialing as a Diabetes Educator
- Extensive professional experience in diabetes and chronic disease management
- Demonstrated understanding of the principals of Aboriginal community controlled health services
- Ability to practice in a sensitive and culturally safe manner in a remote Aboriginal Community
- Diabetes education training highly regarded
- Current Criminal History check
- Current Working with Children (Ochre Card)
- Manual Driver's License with 4WD drive skills
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel in light aircraft or four wheel drive and stay overnight in the Sunrise Health Service remote communities, as required
- Candidates are required to address the selection criteria by providing a cover letter with their application to be considered for this role
What's In It For You?
- Salary of $103,067 - $110,729
- Salary sacrificing of up to $15,899
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Relocation options available
- Work with a dedicated team
- Katherine based with remote community travel
- Have a work/life balance to enjoy the Katherine and surrounding scenic attractions
Are you passionate, adventurous and looking for a new challenge?
We want to hear from you!