Wesley Disability Services
- Casual and part-time positions available with immediate start
- Based in Loftus
- Exciting opportunity to make a difference
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
We are looking for female support workers to work with a young woman who has a great sense of humour and a bright personality, with autism and complex needs, based in the Loftus area, Sutherland Shire.
You will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Support client with personal care, health issues and hygiene, and daily activities such as eating, dressing, toileting and showering
- Perform various household tasks including menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and other activities of daily living
- Implement behaviour support plans whilst ensuring client goals are achieved
- Transporting the client to and from day program located nearby, as well as community access activities
- Communicating with the client’s family and the Service Manger on a regular basis
- Engaging in activities such as swimming, arts and crafts
- Maintain high-level standards for living arrangement such as domestic duties and gardening
- Facilitate a person-centred approach whilst upholding a calm, caring and positive demeanour
- Display a creative and energetic approach supporting client in the home and community
The shift times are as follows:
- Monday – Friday: 0700-0900 / 1500 – 2300 / Sleepover
- Saturday – Sunday: 0700-1500 / 1500 – 2300 / Sleepover
- Holiday shifts will reflect the weekend timetable
- Willingness to cover additional on-call shifts if needed
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care, or equivalent
- Previous experience working with people with disability
- Previous experience in mental health and/or working with challenging behaviours
- Ability to develop a positive relationship with the client and to support their individual care plan as appropriate
- Ability to work independently in the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for home-based support and during transport of clients
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
Position is classified under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 2 (NAPSA Grade 2).
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.