WIRES is Australia’s largest wildlife rescue organisation and has been rescuing and caring for sick, injured and orphaned native animals for over 35 years. WIRES' mission is to actively rehabilitate and preserve Australian wildlife and inspire others to do the same.
WIRES operate a dedicated Wildlife Rescue Office assisting wildlife and the community across Australia 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, providing rescue advice and assistance for over 130,000 animals annually.
WIRES also provides significant national support for wildlife rescue and rehabilitation across Australia, and is proactively collaborating with major partners to support the recovery of wildlife habitat and the long-term preservation of native species in the wild.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Corporate Partnerships Executive role will report to WIRES Partnerships and Philanthropy Manager and work closely with them to grow WIRES Partnerships Program, maximising supporter engagement and retention to increase the organisation's capacity to rescue, rehabilitate and preserve wildlife.
You will need to be proactive, positive, flexible, hands on and able to work collaboratively.
This is a 12-month full-time contract with potential for extension.
- Secure, grow and maintain current corporate partnerships and work with the Philanthropy and Partnerships manager to expand WIRES Corporate Partnerships Program
- Research, identify and cultivate new partnership opportunities and manage a strong pipeline of future prospects
- Make direct face to face solicitations and assist key stakeholders with their solicitation e.g. CEO and program staff
- Negotiate innovative partnerships and agreements securing financial and in-kind support
- Manage corporate opportunities promptly and professionally, building appropriate plans for engagement, including events/program updates, communications and personal calls and meetings.
- Prepare and execute presentations, campaigns, proposals and partnership offerings
- Oversee monthly reporting and present key updates at team meetings
- Develop corporate employee giving and matching giving programs, following up to thank participants and providing updates and management of Workplace giving platforms.
- Organise events and engagement a calendar of stewardship and networking events opportunities for corporate partners, workplace givers and prospects
- Work with the broader team to create appropriate print and digital marketing communications, including appeals, campaigns and social sharing agreements with partners
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in a fundraising, sales or development role in a not-for-profit, social impact, or community services environment
- Demonstrated ability to personally acquire and retain new corporate partnerships or major donors
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills as demonstrated by successful presentations or proposals being accepted by a major partner or donor
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think outside the box
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, with a strong track record of achieving targets within set timeframes and limited resources
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Highly organised, reliable, efficient & detail orientated with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the competitive fundraising environment, as well as economic and market issues facing philanthropists and corporates in Australia
- Track record in securing high value ($50k+) commercial partnerships
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or communications highly regarded