For over 60 years, Westhaven Ltd has been a not for profit, community-based charity organisation who have been providing support to adults, children and young people with disability within NSW.
We have a strong focus on quality, flexibility and people-focused disability services.
Why join us:
- Attractive remuneration- Above award salary package with salary sacrifice available.
- Well-established company- Take pride in working for a highly-regarded and award-winning business.
- Professional development- Plenty of off the job and incidental training provided to you.
- Work-life balance- We support and encourage flexibility for a better work-life balance.
- Diverse team- Enjoy working within a culturally diverse and friendly team.
- Company allowances- Laptop, phone and discounted gym memberships are on offer to you.
About the role:
We currently a position available for Therapeutic Specialists to work within the Westhaven Intensive Therapeutic Care Team for Children and Young Persons with Significant Disability (ITC-SD).
As the Therapeutic Specialist, you will provide clinical advice and support to the Westhaven Residential ITC-SD teams, who provide day to day care and support for CYP in Statutory OOHC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop independence and pro-social behaviour for children and young people living with a disability in Westhaven's Residential OOHC Program
- Undertake or arrange an assessment of children and young people with a disability
- Lead 'Reflective Practice' processes for Care Teams
- Design, implement, evaluate and review evidence-based behaviour support interventions consistent with the Westhaven Behaviour Support Policy
- Lead the implementation of Westhaven's Therapeutic Practice Framework. Ensure that Westhaven's approach in the ITC-SD is consistent with the Therapeutic Practice Framework
- Educate and support the Care Team staff in the implementation of Behaviour Support Plans. Provide clinical advice, training, peer supervision, mentoring and debriefing to staff as required
- Review and assist in the implementation of "Best Practice' approaches to working with children and young people with a disability
- Fulfil duties as a Mandatory Reporter to provide an environment that children and young people in Westhaven's care are supported and safe from abuse and neglect
Skills & experience:
- MUST reside in and hold full working rights in Australia
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a relevant Behavioural Science
- Current registration with the professional body
- Clear Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check
- Current and up-to-date Driver's Licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the Children and Young Person (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Knowledge and understanding of the NSW Child Safe Standards for Permanent Care
- Demonstrated ability to undertake child-focused behavioural assessments
- Capacity to work effectively both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in report writing and demonstrated an ability to develop, organise and maintain records in a professional and timely manner
- Proficient computer skills including the use of Client Management System
- Current Driver's licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check and a Criminal Records Check obtained within the last 6 months.
- Completion of the 'NDIS Worker Orientation Module'
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Any published closing dates are estimates only. We aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Confidential enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Therapeutic Specialists enquiry via EthicalJobs.