- Full-time - Ongoing
- Based in Footscray
- Make a difference in the lives of others!
What We Offer
You will be joining a dedicated and caring team of professionals, you will also enjoy:
- The opportunity to join one of Melbourne's most respected non-profit organisations
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay
About the role
The position of Accreditation Manager is a highly responsible, professional position that coordinates, oversees, and plans the cohealth's accreditation requirements. The position will be able to set and work to deadlines, make decisions based on analytical and innovative thinking and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and be detail-oriented. The position is required to work with staff to review and implement changes to meet the accreditation standards.
The role requires well-developed organisation and communication skills, including excellent time management. You will be provided with the opportunity to work autonomously and coordinate all accreditation and certification activities for the organisation and Board, and lead the review of current codes, standards, and guidelines.
Your daily duties will be diverse however, will include:
- Develop a Quality Plan for the organisation which is aligned with the Strategic Plan and associated action plans for the organisation accreditation requirements
- Day-to-day management of the operational processes for accreditation
- Undertake project work to continuously improve accreditation policies, processes, and systems
- Research and develop a comprehensive knowledge base of the various accreditation standards and accreditation programs, including reporting frameworks, credentialing processes, and criteria
- Implement an organisation-wide consultation and communication plan to ensure staff involvement and engagement in the process of accreditation such as an accreditation committee and provide all support for the committee
- Manage the relationships between the organisation and the quality management accrediting bodies
- Provide management reports in relation to the processes and outcomes associated with the quality management accreditation program
- Develop a maintenance plan with oversight of quality management accreditation requirements, policies, procedures and systems
- Support staff and services through implementation, evaluation and change processes to engage staff in continuous improvement activities
- Design a range of organisation-wide systems to support a work culture which prioritises quality
- Provide high-level advice, information and feedback to the Director Quality and Client Experience, Executive and senior management regarding the quality management system, compliance and process improvement
- Formal educational/technical qualifications or an equivalent mixture of qualifications and work experience required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with experience in coordinating small teams or committees
- At least five years prior experience in an accreditation role or similar
- Experience managing projects and change
- Prior experience in the implementation and/or interpretation of policies and procedures and/or codes and standards
- Experience in regulatory and /or compliance activities
- An understanding of the relationship between regulation and the delivery of safe and effective health services
- Ability to work autonomously, as part of a small, dynamic team
- A relevant qualification
- Sound knowledge of the Australian health sector
- A current driver's licence is required for the position
Additional information can be obtained from the attached position description.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
The successful candidate will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)