The Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) is looking for someone who wants to make a difference.
We are seeking to employ a WorkWell Project Organiser on a short-term contract (until July 2022) to work in our Carlton office and/or remotely as part of our OHS Team. The WorkWell Organiser will be responsible for working with the ACTU and partner unions to deliver a new project increasing mental health safety and awareness for workers in Victoria. The WorkWell Project Organiser will provide outreach and support to unions, mental health advocates and OHS delegates in over 100 workplaces as they learn how to identify and manage psychosocial hazards.
- Work closely with ACTU and partner unions to deliver a project plan on mental health injury prevention
- Facilitate workshops, information sessions and outreach support to unions, HSRs and their workplace mental health advocates
- Collect meaningful data from all activities conducted
- Participate in and report back on activities to the project’s steering group
- Report on activities to meet funding requirements
- Provide administrative support as needed to deliver the project
- A commitment to social justice and trade union principles
- Experience working with trade unions and union members
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute a project plan while receiving and providing ongoing feedback
- Ability to set priorities when faced with competing demands when working to a tight timeframe
- Fast learning, adaptive, enthusiastic and outgoing
- Some knowledge of Victoria OHS system
- Previous experience delivering training packages and/or adult education
- Previous experience working in the mental health and/or government sector
- Previous experience working with vulnerable people including young workers, ageing workers, frontline workers and workers from industries in transition
The position is based at Trades Hall in Carlton, Victoria (currently working remotely), and will report to the Secretary through the OHS Team Lead. Attractive salary package, including a monthly RDO and 12% superannuation.
Women and people from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.