The Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) is looking for someone who wants to make a difference.
We are seeking to employ a Project Organiser on a short-term contract (until December 2020) to work in our Carlton office as part of our Projects team. The Project Organiser will be working on the VTHC Job Readiness Pre-Apprenticeship Project and will be responsible for providing pre-employment support to participants. This project aims to support participants from diverse and migrant backgrounds to undertake pre-apprenticeship training, in order to go on to secure employment in targeted industries such as manufacturing and construction.
- Provide support to participants to increase their job readiness (e.g. assist participants to write resumes and cover letters and write and submit job applications)
- Conduct interviews with project participants and write case notes
- Work with participants to improve their soft skills (e.g. hold mock interviews with participants, etc.)
- Liaise with potential employers taking on participants in their workforce
- Provide administrative support to the Project Coordinator as needed.
- A commitment to social justice and trade union principles
- Some knowledge of the employment services offered in Victoria
- Ability to work closely with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set priorities when faced with competing demands
- Experience working as part of a small team
- Ability to work to a tight timeframe
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Current driver’s licence.
- Previous experience working for trade unions and/or related industrial bodies
- Experience working in employment and/or working knowledge of the Victorian VET system
- University qualification or equivalent experience in social services.
The position is based at Trades Hall in Carlton, Victoria, and will report to the Secretary through the Project Coordinator. Attractive salary package, including a monthly RDO and 12% superannuation.
Women and people from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, are strongly encouraged to apply.