- Salary Range: $74,429 - $80,076 plus Super, plus salary packaging
Want to be part of a passionate, values-based and people focused company? Then check out this brilliant opportunity to join our team! We have an exciting opportunity for a Membership, Training and Capability Coordinator to support Volunteering Involving Organisations deliver high quality, accessible, and sustainable volunteering.
You will take a leading role in recognising and championing the role of volunteers within the region, via developing and delivering training, resources, events, consulting, and membership engagement activities.
You will enjoy working in Civic, flexible working conditions, great salary packaging options, being part of a fun collaborative team, and enjoy meaningful work that really makes a difference in people’s lives.
VolunteeringACT is the peak body for volunteering and community information in the Canberra region, as well as being a service provider of programs for people experiencing disadvantage and isolation, people with disability, and people needing support for mental wellness.
Through our activities we improve inclusivity, enable sustainable volunteering, and create a more resilient Canberra community.
Duties of the Role Include
- Provide expert one on one support, consultancy and advice to volunteer involving organisations.
- Create and adapt a suite of resources and a curriculum of training content which supports volunteering and focuses on quality volunteering recovery.
- Deliver projects to build the capacity of organisations in line with national and jurisdictional strategies developed under the Volunteer Management Activity, against approved project plans.
- Deliver engaging quarterly events for the training and development of volunteer managers and regular training sessions to build capacity and capability within organisations.
- Lead the delivery of the Volunteer Manager of the Year Awards and assist in the delivery of other key flagship events.
- Develop and implement the VolunteeringACT membership strategy including identifying and recruiting new members, and member retention activities.
- Deliver high quality member services including managing and engaging with our member organisations, offering accurate advice and support.
- Nurture professional relationships, including collaboration with members and other key stakeholders.
- Support the Executive Team to actively implement the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Effectively recruit, screen, train and manage volunteers to meet organisational and program/project objectives including using retention and recognition techniques.
- Certificate IV in Community Service and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the community sector including program experience supporting people for whom a barrier to inclusion has been placed in their path.
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and utilising a broad range of communication approaches to suit audience’s needs.
- Demonstrated sound problem-solving skills, time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Efficient at using IT platforms and databases including maintaining accurate and timely records.
- Experience in facilitating training and/or meetings.
- Database and website management skills.
- This position requires occasional out of hours and weekend work.
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check, or willingness to obtain one.
- VolunteeringACT has mandated vaccines for all employees to reduce the risk of
COVID-19 to our team and the people we serve. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status is required upon commencing employment.
Any questions about the role, please contact Cath on 02 6251 4060.