- Full Time/Part Time Paediatric Speech Pathology Position (minimum 30 hours per week)
- Kooyong Melbourne Location
- $81,000 to $86,000 (Pro Rata) + Super + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- To provide appropriate and effective speech pathology programs for clients and their families who receive a service from Vision Australia;
- To write appropriate and effective goals for individuals and groups based on family centered practice;
- As required, act as the Primary Service Provider to coordinate the provision of services internally to clients and families and to liaise with external service providers to achieve desired outcomes for clients;
- Identify, develop and review information and resources; promote and represent Vision Australia regarding speech pathology issues in relevant forums; develop and maintain internal and external networks. Provide professional development as appropriate to relevant parties.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in speech pathology;
- Experience in paediatrics essential;
- Experience in speech pathology services for clients with a variety of special needs. Experience in the area of early intervention, particularly communication and feeding issues;
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults;
- Experience in providing client support and speech pathology services in person and/or through other communication mediums;
- Be open to interstate travel if and when required.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.