Contribute your substantial strategic communications experience and passion for LGBTIQ+ communities, to shape the story and build the brand of Australia’s first purpose-built centre for LGBTIQ+ communities.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing and delivering the Victorian Pride Centre’s communication and marketing strategies to drive brand value, visitation, use and engagement with our diverse communities.
The VPC is a supportive landlord to a range of resident organisations; a Venue for Hire with state-of-the-art multipurpose spaces; and a programmer of events, exhibitions and LGBTIQ+ festival partnerships.
The role manages a dedicated part-time resource to ensure a high- level of understanding of the impact and value of the organisation. In addition, the role manages external contractual relationships between the VPC and designers/suppliers where required.
This is a new position that is focused on growing and professionalising the next phase of the organisation, through high-level strategic communications that build brand value and drive centre usage.
We encourage people from all backgrounds and intersections to apply for this role.
Please read the Position Description for a full overview of this unique opportunity.
Applications are now open and will close on the advertised closing date. If you have any questions about this position, please email [email protected] using the subject line: Marketing and Communications Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs for further information.
- Strong strategic, planning and organisation skills with demonstrated experience, including the preparation of clear implementation plans.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience producing a range of communications materials with a strong focus on service excellence and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think with originality and translate creative ideas into practical solutions and options and identify new ways of doing things with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and support team members, demonstrating respect for different working styles and points of view, and encouraging the pursuit of common goals.
- Proven ability to create strategic communications materials and respond quickly to emerging crisis communication situations.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good relationships with all stakeholder levels and across varying industries.
- Strong ICT, research and analysis skills that informs decision making, including experience with Salesforce, MailChimp, Wordpress, Meta & Google analytics.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector, membership organisations, with ability to thrive in the fluid environment of an emerging NFP organisation.
- Understanding of the dynamics and complexity in LGBTIQ+ communities including their challenges and opportunities, and a proven ability to communicate respectfully and effectively across cultures.
A confident, strategic, and effective manager and leader, able to work both independently and collaboratively as required to achieve agreed outcomes.
The following qualities are sought:
- Alignment with the VPC’s purpose, vision and values.
- Strong and experienced communicator with a proven ability to lead and influence.
- Strong stakeholder-centric approach.
- A sophisticated level of professional judgment and a confident, evidence-based approach to problem-solving and strategic decisions.
- Works in an efficient, autonomous, organised, and systematic manner to manage the demands of the role.
- Excellent time management skills with the capacity to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work with a cross functional team managing competing priorities.
- Predicts and manages communication risks to reduce the impact on brand reputation and relationships.
- Ability to manage expectations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to organisational effectiveness.
- Generosity of spirit, kindness, and commitment to LGBTIQ+ communities.
A position description is attached.