We are looking for a vibrant, experienced and qualified Team Leader to join us, you would be located in the Unanderra Office and will support and guide our Support Worker team that covers the Illawarra area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join Uniting Home and Community Care on a permanent full-time basis at a time of exciting change and opportunities.
You will be responsible for providing leadership, support, coaching and mentoring to a team of aged care community employees across the SOUTH COAST region.
Key responsibilities include;
- Leading, coaching, supporting and mentoring a team of Support Workers that provide services to aged care clients in their own home
- Monitoring the standards of service provided so that staff performance, training and service quality requirements are understood and met , resulting in job satisfaction and retention of staff
- Conducting service satisfaction audits in the client homes whilst maintaining the support worker’s confidence and meeting required Key performance Indicators and quality standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate IV Home and Community Care, Aged Care, Community Services or equivalent qualification OR working towards
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of workers.
- Demonstrated understanding of client centred practice
- Demonstrated experience/ knowledge of Allied Health or Community Aged Care Services
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a progressive and pro-active Team
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks.