Uniting is passionate about supporting our aged care clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible. We are looking for likeminded Support Workers to join our growing home and community care team in Salamander Bay for various positions.
Our certified Support Workers are responsible to provide services to our clients:
- Help at home: housekeeping, grocery shopping, meal preparation
- Personal Care: personal hygiene, toileting, showering, dressing, help at mealtime, medication
- Transport: appointments, shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing: accompany clients on outings, assist with our Healthy Living for Seniors activities including working in our day centres
- Cert III or IV in Aged Care, Individual Support, Home and Community Care or equivalent certificate including personal care modules.
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Drivers licence
- Comprehensive insurance and a reliable car
- Medication Assist Certificate (desired not essential)
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kms between clients
- Salary Packaging Benefits
- Opportunity for training, development and mentoring
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.