T.H.E (Tenancy WA, The Humanitarian Group, and the Employment Law Centre of WA) is entering a period of change and growth and is looking for a dynamic CEO to shape its future as a leading Community Legal Centre in WA. It will be the only not-for-profit service in WA offering employment, migration, tenancy, and family and domestic violence legal advice, representation, advocacy, and community legal education.
Three Community Legal Centres are currently going through the process of merging to form T.H.E Community Legal Centre (T.H.E CLC), the Employment Law Centre of WA (ELC), The Humanitarian Group (THG) and Tenancy WA (TWA). It is expected that the Perth-based T.H.E CLC will commence service delivery in July 2020 with approximately 27 full time equivalent staff, over 50 volunteers and a budget of over $2.5 million.
- You will make a significant impact on the lives of people facing barriers in obtaining equitable access to justice.
- Competitive remuneration package of $150,000 pa including the ability to salary package on a three-year fixed term contract with the option of extension.
- Flexible, supportive work environment.
Reporting to the T.H.E Board the key areas of responsibility will be:
- Leadership and management of the newly formed organisation including service delivery and reporting, communications, financial and human resources.
- Providing visionary and inspirational leadership to a diverse talented team.
- Delivering services, programs and initiatives to achieve justice for diverse clients.
- Promoting and representing the organisation to stakeholders, including government, corporate, philanthropic, academic and community sectors.
- Working with the Board to develop a new strategic plan.
- Diversifying service streams and funding sources for growth and sustainability.
- Monitoring and interpreting the external environment in order to continually position the organisation to best advantage.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
You will be a visionary CEO or Senior Manager with a passion for legal services, human rights, social justice and a strong record of leading change and innovation.
Demonstrated experience and ability in:
- Strategic leadership, managing organisational change and innovation.
- Leading service delivery for clients in a not-for-profit environment.
- Working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiating and managing Government and non-Government funding.
- Managing financial and business risk.