Our mission is to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste". Operating in 22 countries, TerraCycle is a global innovator in the circular economy, specialising in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle almost any waste stream, including beauty packaging, babies' nappies, cigarette butts and chewing gum, which we then turn into new products - like the world's first shampoo bottle made from beach plastic.
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations such as L'Oréal, P&G and Colgate to transform the collected packaging into new products like outdoor furniture, playgrounds and park benches.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Marketing professional with experience in content management for digital platforms. You will be responsible improving engagement with our TerraCycle brand, leading a small team of support staff including a Graphic Designer and Copywriter. This is a unique role for a resourceful and driven individual looking to develop, execute and manage marketing initiatives for a worthy cause.
This is a permanent, full-time position reporting into the Head of Marketing and Communications.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive brand engagement across Australia and New Zealand
- Working with PR Manager and Head of MarComms to create TerraCycle campaigns from ideation to execution
- Creating and scheduling social media content and ads and evaluating the effectiveness and ROI of campaigns
Digital Platform Management:
- Complete ownership of the TerraCycle website, including liaison with our Global and IT teams to address issues, UAT for web development, monitoring content effectiveness and user experience
- Conducting ongoing reviews of websites, identifying areas of improvement relative to traffic conversion, sales generation, and overall user experience
- Creating and executing SEO initiatives with continuous analysis and reporting across platforms
- Supporting eComm and Brand Marketing teams to promote brand materials across our platforms (EDMs, socials and website), ensuring alignment with our global brand guidelines
- Analysing market trends to adapt strategy and report as needed to our global team
- Overseeing creation of digital and print content for web campaigns and / or in-person events both for TerraCycle and our clients by the Graphic designer and Copywriter
- Overseeing and supporting management of the content calendar by the Copywriter
You’re a skilled marketing all-rounder looking to use your communication and digital marketing skills to engage customers to be sustainable consumers.
- Qualifications in marketing, communications or a related field
- 2-5 years’ experience managing social media or digital marketing platforms
- 1-2 years’ experience in a people management or team leader role
- Excellent writing and content development skills across multiple mediums
- Demonstrated ability to identify market opportunities and develop execution strategies
- Experience with account administration for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Hubspot, Wordpress or similar will be highly regarded
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Tag Manager preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of social media best practice
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
Please be aware that proof of vaccination will be required in line with our COVID vaccination policy.
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial start up environment with strong growth opportunities
- Annual bonus gift
- Flexible work hours
- Summer Fridays, half-day off – compressed working week throughout summer months
- 2 paid volunteer days off per year
- 2 working from home days per week
- Vegan / vegetarian lunch provided at the office
- Happiness manager-led regular social activities
- Dog friendly office
- Casual dress code
- Mental health sick days
- Endless recycling options!
Submit your CV with your work experience and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in working with TerraCycle.