SYC has a relentless belief in people and their potential. We provide services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
As a not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping tens of thousands of people every year with housing, education and employment. Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages
ABOUT THE POSITION & THE PROGRAM
Our Lived Experience Engagement Program lifts the voices of people within our community who have previous or current experience of the housing and homelessness systems in order to shape housing and homeless sector reform, and to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery, and policy development.
The Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager will have proven success working within a consumer participation framework or leading lived experience engagement activities to implement and champion this sector wide program.
As the Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager, you will:
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, co-design and implement a lived experience framework, establish Lived Experience Reference Groups and deliver engagement activities so that as a sector, we can collectively learn from unique perspectives of those with direct experience within the housing and homeless system
- Build trusting relationships with consumer reference groups within and beyond the housing sector to ensure diverse customer experiences are heard, and inform the work and the reform agenda of the SA Housing Authority and Specialist Homeless Services
- Identify emerging trends and recommendations from consumer reference groups by leading lived experience engagement activities, and communicating learning outcomes to internal stakeholders, government partners and identified alliance groups
- Communicate and engage with government stakeholders and relevant sector groups to present data insights, lived experience learnings, and best practice examples to inform sector reform
- Inspire, lead and coach a team to achieve outcomes
- Continually reflect on service delivery, identifying challenges, best practice opportunities and ideas to contribute to addressing systemic issues to improve tenancy sustainment rates and affordable housing options
If you have proven success leading lived experience engagement groups or working within a consumer participation framework to achieve program outcomes we would love to hear from you!
As the Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager, it is important that you possess the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge of culturally inclusive practices, promoting an environment where all cultures, beliefs and experiences are respected
- Proven success leading the delivery of program outcomes by facilitating lived experience engagement activities, or consumer participation groups
- Exceptional communication skills with experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders that may include government departments, sector organisations, funding bodies and senior management teams to achieve results
- Leadership qualities, with proven experience positively influencing a team to meet goals within deadlines
- An empathetic approach and client focused manner, as you work directly with people with lived experience to understand their perspectives and consult with them as experts on the issues, to fully grasp the challenges and identify solutions
- Strong computer literacy across Office365 and CRM programs, with the ability to compile research, analyse data and report trends to make recommendations
- A current valid Driver’s Licence, willingness to drive, and your own registered vehicle with a 4-5 star ANCAP safety rating
- Lived experience within the housing and/or homeless sector, (desired, but not essential)
- Tertiary qualifications, or working towards qualifications in Behavioural or Social Science (desired, but not essential)
SYC is a diverse organisation that offers perks that include salary packaging, professional development and more!
Find out more here, www.syc.net.au/about-us/work-for-us.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Nadia Pachon, Talent and Recruitment Consultant on 0418 297 377.
SYC is a Child Safe organisation therefore if your application is successful, you will be asked to complete pre-employment checks that include a Child Related Employment Screening and a National Police Check.
SYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud of our diverse workforce. We encourage Aboriginal
and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities to apply.