Sunnyfield is a large not-for-profit organisation with a Person Centred approach to providing services to people with disabilities. We are looking for an experienced and inspiring House Manager to join our team in Baulkham Hills, Western Sydney.
This is a Full Time role that requires someone with the energy, resilience and skills to provide the best quality support to Sunnyfield's clients and team of Community Support Workers.
What's new about this opportunity? Our House Managers no longer do on-call and no longer have rostering headaches! Our managers also have an internal agency who fills last minute shifts with our own trained casual staff.
About the Role:
- Supporting 3 clients with high support needs and behaviours to live as independently as possible
- Provide leadership & coaching to a team of around 12 permanent staff and casual staff
- Ensure we provide a quality person-centred service to the residents and their families
- Oversee & manage the ongoing day to day operations of the home
- Responsible for budgeting and performance management of staff
- Work collaboratively with the team on client's individual plans supporting them to achieve their goals and gain new skills
- Manual handling, personal care and household tasks such as menu planning, cooking and cleaning.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years disability sector experience
- Leadership skills - at least 3 years' experience managing a group home/independent living
- Experience working with people with behaviours of concern and violent behaviours
- Experience in building professional relationships with families and stakeholders
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability or other relevant tertiary qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Service Standards (NDSS)
- Savvy with a range of systems and a quick learner
- Strong administration skills and an ability to multi-task
Sunnyfield can offer staff benefits such as:
- Salary packaging to maximise your earnings
- Career progression to advance & develop
- Full staff support & regular follow ups
- Accredited & paid training
- The opportunity to change people's lives
If you are passionate about making a difference every day, energetic & possess a positive attitude towards working with people with disability and their families, apply now!
A position description is attached.