It's an exciting time to be part of our journey. You may have noticed we've changed our name from Aftercare to Stride.
We are leaders in mental health service delivery, specialising in working with adults and young people, and in early childhood intervention.
Stride is a name that expresses our ambition – it’s a name that’s purposeful and shows awareness of the important role we play in the recovery journey.
As we embark on our next stage, join us to make a difference. We're here to Stride.
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support .
- Based in Ipswich
- Full-time & Permanent
- Attractive Base Salary plus Super
- Leave loading at 17.5%
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Paid parental leave
- Company rewards scheme
- Supportive team environment
- Excellent training and career development
- This is an exciting and newly created position based at Stride's headspace service in Ipswich.
- Provide Individual Placement and Support (IPS) vocational services to young people with mental illness.
- Assist and provide program direction to a small team of IPS vocational Specialists.
- Provide career development advice, vocational and employment assistance to young people with mental illness up to the age of 25, in tandem with the headspace clinical team, to ensure young people can achieve and maintain sustainable participation in vocational education and employment.
- Ideally possess tertiary level education in a relevant human services discipline, i.e. social work, psychology etc.
- Knowledge of the principles of Individual Placement and Support evidence-based supported employment.
- Demonstrate recovery-focused, person-centred attitude towards people with mental health needs and disabilities
- Experience leading or managing staff/teams.
- Experience working with young people with mental health needs
- Ability to network effectively with key stakeholders, community organisations, clinical staff and employers
- Knowledge and experience in employment services or other social inclusion services
- Knowledge of employment related services, relevant legislation and local labour market trends
- Knowledge of local education providers and the admissions systems
- Well-developed computer, technology and administration skills
Stride is an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to people with a lived-experience of mental health recovery, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt.